Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Saturday, April 25th, Part III (Final Part)

To wrap up this crazy post, I am going to end with some of my favorite artists, and definitely my favorite two at the concert, Dizzy Wright and Flatbush Zombies. These artists have grown on my over time, and Dizzy Wright especially in recent times. To keep the chronological order that the concert went in adjacent with my blog, I will talk about Dizzy Wright first, even though I have already had a post with him in it. Dizzy is from Las Vegas, Nevada, and supports it to the fullest, which I think is really cool. He is a family man, has two daughters, and a wife, who spends quite a bit of time with, which I think is also very cool. Dizzy has released many mix tapes and EPs, consisting of Tha Takeover, What Hip-Hop Needs, Legendary, Soul Searchin’, Soul Searchin' (The Next Level), Free SmokeOut Conversations, The Golden Age, BrILLiant Youth EP, The First Agreement, State of Mind, and Lost In Reality (with Mark Battles). All of these I really enjoy and find a great variety of style in. My favorite song from these though is called Can’t Trust Em. This song is super hyped and is great for a pump up. Would definitely recommend listening to. Aside from his mix tapes and EPs, he has dropped one studio album, SmokeOut Conversations, and he in the process of releasing the next one, called The Growing Process right now. Three singles from it have already come out, but the actual album drops on May 26, 2015. The three singles are Train Your MindFloyd Money Mayweather, and I Can Tell You Needed it,  featuring Berner. I absolutely love all of these songs and can’t wait for the rest of the album. All three songs also have pretty cool music videos, so be sure to check them out. 
I got this great picture of Dizzy Wright from The Howard Theater's webpage.

The last group of the night to preform was Flatbush Zombies. This group is out of Flatbush, New York, and consists of Meechy Darko, Zombie Juice and Erick "Arc" Elliott, who is also their producer. The group was formed in 2010 and has been releasing music ever since. They have two EPs out, Clockwork Indigo (which was done with the underachievers) and It's All A Matter of Perspective. They also have two mix tapes, D.R.U.G.S. and BetterOffDEAD, but are yet to drop a studio album. I am definitely a fan of Flatbush’s music, however I need to be in the right mood. Like most of their stuff is super up beat and for pump up, which I like, but I am not always in the mood for. The main songs by them that I really enjoy are Palm TreesMrazThug Waffle, and 222, in opposite order of which I like the most. My favorite song that I saw them perform at the concert was Mraz, everybody in the crowd was having a blast and I was really feeling good vibes. Thank you guys as always for checking out my blog, I really appreciate it, and if any of you feel like I should not stop doing these posts, please let me know, because you may swing my decision of stoping. Peace and love,

- Eli Levine 
I took this picture of rap group Flatbush Zombies off of The-B Side's website

No comments:

Post a Comment