Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Saturday, April 25th. Part I

Three Saturdays ago, I went to one of the most fun concerts of my life. The concert was at The Complex in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the line up consisted of DJ Juggy, who we missed because the line to get in was so long. Mick Jenkins, who I had never heard of, but who was really entertaining, though the crowd wasn’t that turnt up. The Underachievers, who had the base up so much that you literally couldn’t distinguish any songs from each other, but the crowd was going crazy so it was still really fun. Dizzy Wright, who was my favorite by far, the crowd had mad hype, and he had some super great, fun songs which got everybody going. And finally, Flatbush Zombies, who were supposed to be the main event, and who did well, but I felt bad for them because Dizzy Wright was impossible to top. I was also bummed because we had to leave early so we didn’t get to see that much of Flatbush. But the couple songs that we did hear were super fun and buck (short for buck wild). 
I got this image of the concert's line up from The Complex's webpage. 


Aside from the concert and more about my blog, I want to let all you guys know that this will sadly be one of my last posts. The school year is coming to and end, I have a very busy summer, not that dedicated of a fan base, and I don’t really have the best time writing these, though I do really love sharing the music I’m into with my readers, so I don’t really see a reason to keep it up. However, since this is one of my last posts, I want to go out with a boom. So this post is going to be crazy, it will be in multiple parts, and it will be totally random, unorganized, but informational, and all based off of the concert I went to. You will learn all about the musicians that were there, and even about some of their sweet music. I would first like to talk about DJ Juggy, mostly because I am much more unfamiliar and have a lot less to talk about with him than the other artists. DJ Juggy is a Latino MC/DJ out of Las Vegas, Nevada. However, shortly into his musical career, he looked to expand his fan base and launch his career by moving to Salt Lake City, Utah, not far from where I live. He says that he loves the energy and opportunity here. Juggy was worked with many well known artists, dropped multiple mix tapes, which have a variety of styles, and has obtained the nickname “Salt Lake City’s Mixtape King.” I think it is cool to see a man coming here to launch his musical career, and also to learn about how much of a popular, providing place Salt Lake is for young artists. You can read more about Juggy, his career and early life, and where to find his music, at this City Weekly article
I got this picture of DJ Juggy from that same City Weekly article

No comments:

Post a Comment