Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Watching Movies With The Sound Off// Part Three

This is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. Like I’ve already talked about, it hits me on duper deep philosophical levels. I love the stuff he addresses in this song, I love the beat, and I love the flow. It is just such solid song, I just get stoked on it every time I listen to it. Verses like “My mind it wonders to places yonder and even farther. When I’m sleep walking I’m Steven Jobs or I’m Peter Parker…” or “I always wonder what happened three thousand years ago, I like to toy with the idea that we really know. Is what I do important in the grand scheme of things? In my head these dreams are dreamt, trust me we are kings,” just get me going. Like I seriously have thoughts like these all the time, so to know I’m not the only one is just really special to me I guess. There are plenty more of these crazy deep versus further into the song so be sure to go check it out
I got this picture form Mac's live performance of Aquarium on SBTV

An Interesting song name, huh? I honestly have no idea what it mean, and I’m pretty sure “suplexes” isn't even a word. This is one song on the album that I didn’t end up listening to until just last week actually. And when I heard it, the main thing that stood out to me was Mac’s opening verse with some crazy advance words, followed by a sick into with a man yelling “This is madness! This is an outrage! Matter of fact, this is outrageous!” The combination of these two gave me the chills, and I knew right away that this would be another stellar song on this album that I just fall in love with. After listening to the song a couple more times, and trying to break down the lyrics to understand the story, it got me nowhere; it just leaves me very confused. Though this brings liking to the song for that reason. Every lyric in the song is very random and it seems like there is no real subject to the song, other than Mac having a conversation with himself. But I like how the song leaves you with open ends that you have to think about for yourself. Another really cool thing about the song is that Jay Electronica is featured in it, I really like his verse, but it is somewhat like Mac’s; by that I mean that it is rather confusing and left with some open ends. But overall a really cool song with some crazy wordplay and cool background music, transitions, and sound effects. Would definitely recommend checking it out. 

2 comments:

  1. Really cool stuff you're doing here! Quick question: are you downloading these albums or are you listening to them online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! Appreciate your feedback! So I usually will find the music through Pandora, on Youtube, or just by word of mouth. After that I will listen to more stuff by that artist or, in this case, the entire album. Then I will find the stuff I like the most and that I think my readers will like, then write reviews for it. As for you listening to it, Youtube is a great way of listening to music on your computer. But on your phone, I would recommend Spotify if you want more control over what you are listening to, and Pandora if you want a more diverse range of music, being able to hear new stuff you may like. And I have an Android phone, therefore I'm able to listen to the music for free with an app called Music Downloader Pro. It costs a dollar, but I would highly recommend it; I'm not sure if it's available on iPhones.

      Delete